Sunday 24 December 2017

First Blog 24/12/207

This is my first post about my dirted tank.
So let me introduce me to it.
All the specifications of the tank are as follows:

Tank dimensions:
Length:18"
Width:9"
Height:12"
So total capacity of 31.9 liters or 8.4 US gallons.
The tank is made of glass and I got it from a local glass shop which also makes small aquariums.The aquarium is rim less.
The tank is covered by a cover made of iron.

Filteration:
Single small sponge filter run by an air pump.

Air pump:
The air pump that i am using is called Aqua Sonic otto AS180.It has not given me any problems so its a good pump.Also it has two modes for regulating air flow.

Lights:
4w led tube light.I don't remember the brand.Which I got 2 years ago and it works great even today producing enough elumination for the low light plants.

Substrate:
As the name suggests it is a dirted aquarium.So I am using dirt as a nutrient source for the plants.The dirt mix that I have contains Red clay soil(for iron and other inorganic components),some cowdung manure(for organic components) and few pellets of organic fertilizer(non pesticides) that I got at a local gardener shop.
The dirt is about 0.75" thick and it is covered by 1" of fine gravel.
I required about 1.5 Kg of dirt and 2.5 Kg of fine gravel.

The Fish:
1 siamese alae eater
1 serpae tetra
2 Aduly Lyre tail molly

Amazon sword:
Cabomba
Water wisteria
Dwarf sag
Myro green
Amazon Sword.

Maintainance:
I do about 25% water change a week and 50% water change every month.
I am currently not using any co2.
The substrate is red clay+cowdung manure capped with fine gravel.
I just dose micro fertilizers once every two weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment